20150107 110345 resized (1)
Some Poe's cranks I repainted for a friend. They were rejects, with the bills installed twisted, so I heated them and straightened them.
I didn't strip them to bare wood, just added some belly weight to make them slow rise, bondo, Wicked White basecoat, Createx colors, and Solarez dipped once. I used Solarez to reinforce the bills, which may have been weakened by being heated and twisted.
I found that there was crude floating and suspended in my Solarez, after I dipped the first batch of brown/purple and red/orange baits. So I closed the overhead garage door, poured the resin through a scrubby netting as a screen into a tupperware, cleaned my black dip jug with some acetone, sloshed around and poured out, and then poured the screened resin back into my dip jug.
If I had had some finer mesh I would have used it, but I just used what I had on hand.
i dipped the last two, the bluegills, in the strained resin. There were only a few tiny particles left.
I will not be dipping with the overhead garage door open from now on.