A vintage remake

Here is a remake of a vintage lure from the 1920's with a little modification from me. The lure is made from cedar, airbrushed, and then clear coated with epoxy. That part was the easy part. The hard part was making the wire frame to hold the lure. I used .051 wire and then bent and formed the wire to follow the contour of the lure with some loops to hold the hooks and connect the two ends of the lure. It rotates as water is pushed against the thin aluminum "fin" I made from a soda can. This aluminum seemed to be the best fit for what I was doing here. It was really difficult to get the fin turned just right on the side of the lure. This by far is the most difficult lure I have attempted, but the most enjoyable and satisfying when I finished. I hope you enjoy!

This lure was accidently entered in the best paint job category when I dropped my keyboard and mouse on the floor! I apologize for that.

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.