1. Hard wood handle is salvaged from a broken rubber mallet.
I knew I saved this for a reason.
2. 1/8 Hard stainless wire .o62 with loop.
This was purchased but not used because it was too hard for a thru wire lure construction (cost .99C).
1. 1/4" Counter bore 5/16" deep.
2. .0627 holes 2ea spaced as shown.
3. Cut handle to desired length.
I cut mine to allow material to extend past my hand on both sides when held.
4. Insert SS wire and trim to fit mold; then smooth cut end.
5. Wire is held securely with friction.
If wire is ever needed to be replaced just push out the old one and replace with a new one.