alsworms

Popcorn Salt

Okay fellas.....

I read a post on here (or maybe it was the "other" site :rolleyes: ) that lots of guys use popcorn salt for their plastics. I have been using a fine grade table salt, but I used popcorn salt for the first time today. I'm HOOKED :!: The only problem is I paid 1.99 for 3 measley ounces, and they didn't have a larger size. I bought the stuff at a local grocery store. Does anyone know of a place to buy it in bulk? Do some of you guys grind regular table salt? I have tried Lure Craft's salt, but it isn't anywhere near the grade of popcorn salt, and it was MUCHO expensive too :(

Our Sams Club doesnt carry it but a local grocery store does. So what I did was go to the manager and ask for a good price for buying a case and he gave it to me. I think there were 16 little containers in a case and if I remember right I payed like 8-10 bucks. I'm almost out again so I hope I can work the same deal twice.

Popcorn salt is much much finer than the other salts I've tried and I have tried all I can find. It should stay in suspension better than larger grain salts in high concentrations such as a senko type bait. For what I do with it it's perfect.

Take care

I actually looked in our yellow pages under "popcorn" and found several vendors of popcorn, nuts, condiments, etc. I called a company close to my place, and I'll be darned if they didn't have tons of the stuff. Ended up buying 2 cases (50 pounds) for about 22 bucks. To me, it's worth every penny :D

I know it sounds funny, but I don't think it could hurt. If you buy "generic" butter, it's cheaper than any fishing additive, it would leave a trail in the water and it would lube up a bait good for flippin in the heavy stuff B)

I'm not saying that I'm gonna try it anytime soon, but who knows :wink: