stacyfishes

How to make a spinnerbait mold?

Hey fellas,

I'm new to the forum and first I'd like to commend you on your site. You all are passing some awesome information.

I'm looking for some help. I have a couple of spinnerbaits that are not made anymore but I absolutely love them. Does anyone know how to go about making a mold so I can make my own? Several years ago I saw some instructions for using Durams water putty but I didn't save the instructions nor can I find the site. Do any of you happen to have those instructions?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Welcome Stacey, :)

The answer to your question is in this forum.

For a start Paste in the title as follows in the "Search" Field:

Mold, PoP admixture suggestions for better results

Use the "search" box to find the answers and I know you will get some more from this request.

Good Luck

JSC

B)

Thanks for your help guys. Triton Mike's instructions are what I'm looking for but I can't get the web page to open. http://www.wmi.org/sql_messages_html...ay.ini&no_nav=

I attempted to send him a message but his box is full and won't accept anymore messages until some are deleted.

If one of you happened to have saved those instructions to a word doc I would greatly appreciate it if I could get them.

Thanks,

Stacy

Stacyfishes, Hey man I wish I had those pics archived myself. I originally posted that article on the BFHP but it went through some changes and got deleted. Actually I don't even have access to what was printed here without the pictures so I am kinda relieved to see that the wording is still available. Honestly I wouldn't fool with the durhams water puty. There are much better and not to mention safer products to use like Silicone. I wrote that article when I was uh young and brave LOL. There is alot of clean up with the water putty and the fact that it is made with a water mixture it could explode on you when hot lead comes into contact with it. Just not a safe deal here.

BTW can I ask what email you used to email me recently and it got bounced back?

Mike

Stacyfishes, Hey man I wish I had those pics archived myself. I originally posted that article on the BFHP but it went through some changes and got deleted. Actually I don't even have access to what was printed here without the pictures so I am kinda relieved to see that the wording is still available. Honestly I wouldn't fool with the durhams water puty. There are much better and not to mention safer products to use like Silicone. I wrote that article when I was uh young and brave LOL. There is alot of clean up with the water putty and the fact that it is made with a water mixture it could explode on you when hot lead comes into contact with it. Just not a safe deal here.

BTW can I ask what email you used to email me recently and it got bounced back?

Mike

Triton Mike,

Believe it or not, I do have the full colored copy of your tutorial. It

I have tried to make molds, to pour lead in, out of Durham's water putty. And yes it can be done,but what I keep having trouble with,is they do not hold up. long enough to get 2 or 3 pours out of,and then they come apart. I have waited between pours as long as 10 minutes apart, and still have the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?