2fishon

NC & SC Lure Makers

I use to fish lake norman To much boat traffic now. I fish a lot in SC at Lake Greenwood. tackle town is 3 miles from me. I have not been in there in years. I thought if we could find enough guys in NC & SC we might get together and make some lures I am sure their is a lot we could learn from each other.

What is your cup of tea when it comes to lures? I is a plastic man myself. What if I told you that there is a place an hour from your house that you can fish water that's hardly ever fished and catch 20-60 smallmouth a day, ranging from 12 inches to 3 pounds. Since I've discovered this spot and it's only 15 minutes away, I hardly fish any of the lakes anymore. As far as getting a bunch or luremakers together, I personally would love to see it happen, but as you know in our area, the business is so cutthroat, I don't know if we could pull it off or not. But we could definitely work out a fishing trip or something I'm sure. How do you like kayaks? Not the sit in kind but the sit on top.

Most of the lures I have made in the past have been wood. I given more away to friends than I've used.I just started making some of my own lead jigs. I've been kicking around the idea of starting a website to sell some. I beat the banks for bass many years. A friend introduced me to Jigging a couple of years ago. I've been hooked ever since. I have caught more fish doing this than any other method. Plus it easy on the casting arm. I don't think I've ever caught a small mouth. Never fished from a kayak sound interesting. I have fished for strippers,bass, crappie , cat fish, and anything else that would bite. My friend bought a house on lake Greenwood SC his boats on a lift. So we just drop it in the water and go.

I a have to admit it is a lot better than dragging it all over the State to fish. I must be getting old.

2fishon,

What area of the lake is your friends House? I have a place in the cove where Skipper's landing is located. Skippers landing is across the lake from the campground at the state park. I don't get there very often but, my family uses it a good bit. My father bought 3 lots in 1958. He sold 1 and our place is on the other 2 lots. Greenwood is a super bass and crappie lake. A few weeks ago a friend of mine finished 3rd in a tourney and he had 28lbs. It gets tough to fish in the warm months because of those #$@ ^$#@ jet ski's. I wish we could have an open season on those things after turkey season. I would be interested in getting together sometime if I have time to fish or just hang out for a day. Let me know when you will be down and we will see if we can meet up somewhere.

Rick

Hi

Rick

His house is off Watts Bridge Rd near 5 Cs bar. About a block from the camp ground. I am with you on the Jet Ski's. I am hoping to get down soon to do some fishing. I will pm you and let you know when we will be down. Maybe we can meet up some where and catch a few.

Darryl