hazmail

10,000th Member

What are we going to do for our soon to be, esteemed ten thousandth member??

A free trip to 2009 Clinton Meet - a bag of ten lure blanks - A bag of wire and blades - a bag of 10 boiled sweets - A free two hour lecture on vortices - A 1 gallon can of expanding foam ------any suggestions????

Pete

Hey, I'm a technical guy, I would love to hear about vortices. Pete, I just came back from the 2009 TU meet. I learned more there then I would have learned in a life time talking about it on the forums. If you are going to be there next year, I am going to force you:lol::lol: to give me a seminar on vortices. I am a tech'l info junkie.

Spare me guys, I know nothing about these mysteries of nature, I have spent the past two months trying to get a 'swim bait' to swim (up to five now). V/M is the man, he knows more about vortices and Reynolds numbers than anyone I know. All the above were just suggestions, I could probably come up with the '10 boiled sweets'.

Hope to see you there next year, if this 'swine flu' doesn't wipe us all out!!!!!!!, Can't wait to try another of Dan's home brews, just for that 'exotic flavour' and after taste - maybe this would be a good little gift for the ten thousanth member, 10 of Dan's home brews!! I'm wondering weather he would live to see the 10,001st member sign up.pete

Spare me guys, I know nothing about these mysteries of nature, I have spent the past two months trying to get a 'swim bait' to swim (up to five now). V/M is the man, he knows more about vortices and Reynolds numbers than anyone I know. All the above were just suggestions, I could probably come up with the '10 boiled sweets'.

Hope to see you there next year, if this 'swine flu' doesn't wipe us all out!!!!!!!, Can't wait to try another of Dan's home brews, just for that 'exotic flavour' and after taste - maybe this would be a good little gift for the ten thousanth member, 10 of Dan's home brews!! I'm wondering weather he would live to see the 10,001st member sign up.pete

I'm just kidding Pete. I have heard some of V'man's replies to posts, and you're right he's probably the go to guy. I have some knowledge in this, but not enough to know what I'm talking about without embarrassing myself and looking stupid.

Some knowledge of vortices has been around for a long time. Vincenc Strouhal was working on the subject back in 1878, in regard to wires vibrating in the wind. Structural engineers ignore vortices at their peril, ref the Potomac bridge disaster is only one example.

But there is a lot more to vortices than this. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Only recently have scientists discovered how a fish actually swims and they are arguing about that too. I am on the right track, as I posted the fish scale theory back on 12th July 2007. I have since discovered that the idea was already published, but it still felt good to come up with the idea independently.

What I am saying is that vortex theory with regard to the fishing lure is very much a work in progress thing and is likely to be for quite some time. Occasionally I will post some ideas, with the object of getting feed back, hopefully arguing against the idea. This allows me to re-think and ultimately make progress.

The only way I am going to make the next meet, is if I sell 500 lures, but the milestone of selling my first lure just seems to get further and further away. I keep getting side tracked with new projects. I have just finished the PoP dryer project, my duplicator project is about 30% built, I have a new swimbait hinge to be tested, also I am working on a 4 section swimbait that hunts. Also doing some CAD work, to design a ‘master’ for a swimbait mold. Gills and scales are surprisingly difficult to model.

Other vortex related projects that get a lot of my time are: an electronic device for training competition swimmers to swim faster, vortex assisted boat hull (lots of people working on this one).

If I ever do get my stuff built, fish tested and into production, I have at least 5 new designs: a subtle hunter, Bullrider (aggressive hunter), a hunting swimbait (not proven yet), a high speed trolling lure that won’t blow out and a one piece with a swimbait action. Also a few new soft plastic designs.

I would love to do a lecture on vortices, but I would have to point out at the start, that the discussion would have to remain largely conjecture. Some may find it interesting, the rest will not need to bring any sleeping pills.

Let this be a warning to the 10,000th member, things can get out of hand!

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman

Pete what the heck is a "boiled sweet?" and where do i find the recipie

What are we going to do for our soon to be, esteemed ten thousandth member??

A free trip to 2009 Clinton Meet - a bag of ten lure blanks - A bag of wire and blades - a bag of 10 boiled sweets - A free two hour lecture on vortices - A 1 gallon can of expanding foam ------any suggestions????

Pete

Some knowledge of vortices has been around for a long time. Vincenc Strouhal was working on the subject back in 1878, in regard to wires vibrating in the wind. Structural engineers ignore vortices at their peril, ref the Potomac bridge disaster is only one example.

But there is a lot more to vortices than this. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Only recently have scientists discovered how a fish actually swims and they are arguing about that too. I am on the right track, as I posted the fish scale theory back on 12th July 2007. I have since discovered that the idea was already published, but it still felt good to come up with the idea independently.

What I am saying is that vortex theory with regard to the fishing lure is very much a work in progress thing and is likely to be for quite some time. Occasionally I will post some ideas, with the object of getting feed back, hopefully arguing against the idea. This allows me to re-think and ultimately make progress.

The only way I am going to make the next meet, is if I sell 500 lures, but the milestone of selling my first lure just seems to get further and further away. I keep getting side tracked with new projects. I have just finished the PoP dryer project, my duplicator project is about 30% built, I have a new swimbait hinge to be tested, also I am working on a 4 section swimbait that hunts. Also doing some CAD work, to design a

Milia - Apparently "boiled sweets" are something trench coat wearing old guys (English of course) used to offer young girls for their 'favours'?? Not sure if this works, though it sounds very inexpensive :eek:.

My Grandmother always used to have a jar full, but not sure where she got them.

Here's some samples (of boiled sweets):

boiled sweets - Google Image Search

Pete

Ah-Haa ! ..."boiled sweets" are hard candy ...makes sense ...you have to boil the sugar to make candy ...but why dont you Aussies learn to speak English for gosh sakes ! On a whole different note to keep with the integrity of this thread. I've come to the conclussion the Dave ..aka Vodkaman isnt a human ...he's part robot ( which he most likely built himself ) and part computer program ... Mac not PC I hope .... ( which he probably wrote the program for ) When I picture him in my minds eye I see him out there in Indoniesia building shortwave radios out of coconuts and what nots he finds washed up on the beach... ( like the Professor on Gilligans Island ) He is one very smart cookie... I think the 10,000th member should be sent to Indoniesia to study at the feet of the great master, the inovator, the geinus that is ....Vodkaman !!!

Milia - Apparently "boiled sweets" are something trench coat wearing old guys (English of course) used to offer young girls for their 'favours'?? Not sure if this works, though it sounds very inexpensive :eek:.

Pete

Pete

Dammit Pete that's where I have been going wrong is it, and here's me relying on my Ferrari and candlelit dinners. Now; where did I put that old trench coat :?

I may not know much, cant get my baits balast right ...cant get my lips cut right ...cant get the paint job right ...deffinetly cant get a swimbait to swim ...but I do know that Dr. Kildare commited malpractice by having a double identity! Shame on you Pete ... you bad boy you should be diciplined and I know just the person to do it :rolleyes: