ROWINGADUBAY

boat building plans?????

Does anyone know where I can get boat building plans for making a small boat out of wood on the Web or ??? I saw some plans in an outdoor life magazine and it looked like an average guy couild build but it would take a a while with the filler and drying times, but I lost the issue. Just want to see my options before I jump in.

Thanks for the replies ;)

Edited by paintsniffer
left some out

Thanks Capt. I think I sart with the origanal gator it has the fastest build time they say 25 hours I'll be lucky with 25 days but that boat is exactly what I was looking for something light and easy to move .

I know winter is a long way off but up here it lasts to long.

Thanks to everyone this is my favorite sight by far!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Glen-L Boat plans, boat building kits for amateur boat builders has been a long time supplier of boat plans. Some of the plans are for older style boats, but they seem to be proven models. They also market the Hankinson plans http://www.boatdesigns.com/departments.asp?dept=718 now.

They also provide plans for campers and boat trailers.

I'm looking into one of the small huck fin models to use on electric only lakes.

Gary

Edited by WannabeeFishing

@ jamie

Quite a challenge I guess ,........not just the smallest model:);) !

Do you still have it ?

greetz , diemai:yay:

No the boat is long gone years and years ago he sold it to a co-worker. I do have some pics of the boat and the build itself. He built several boats in his day and would like to build one with him and my son, three generations working together.He built these boats long before I was born and mostly with hand tools. He said his hands still hurt from all the brass screws that he screwed in by hand.:eek:

@ Jamie

Guess , that I can imagine about the hurting hands ,.............looking back at the folks before us , I really wonder sometimes , how they achieved all the things they did without all of our modern tools and devices .

And often I just can't figure out ......:?:?!

greetz:yay: , diemai

Thanks for all of your help they all look great . I stumbled across the RV section in one of the links it would be awesome for ice fishing. A couple of us guys rented a sleeper ice shanty last year and had a great time. It would be great to build one specifically for ice fishing . Have it hooked up to the truck on friday after work and heading out for a weekend .

Well if you guys stumble upon any other boat plans let us know I'm sure someone will use them in the future.

Anybody out there actually order any of the plans and still have them lying around?

I bought all the materials the winters are tooooo long up here to waste open water fishing time I will wait until then to build it how do you like the croc it looks very nice

how is it stable wise compared to a canoe it looks a little wider I was worried about stability but still want something I can carry and launch easily thanks for the reply and pictures