pete s.

the dreaded E-10 question..ETHANOL......

what are the opinons?........dangers....additives.....filters/water separators...anyone having failures because of the addition of ETHANAOL in gasoline in outboards? what are the mechanics saying? alot of forums are talking and my search here found little. lets talk................pete s........thanks.....:eek::huh::mad::yay::boo:?????????????

I think if you properly maintain your outboard (or any other gasoline powered pieced of equipment), you will not have issues. Works for me.

• I run a water separation filter and change it annually.
  • I run Bombardier 2 + 4 conditioner in operational strength through every tank of gas.
  • I run the same stuff in storage strength (just double the amount) when I winterize the boat.
  • I inject the Bombardier tuner through the fuel system after the storage fuel is run through.
  • I replaced the rectifier - oops, unrelated problem.:lol:

It is known that ethanol may cause some problems with built-in fiberglass gas tanks. Everything else you hear....like....."it will breaks down the fuel hose"....."it eats the above deck poly tank"......or my favorite.........."it takes 3 gallons of gasoline to make a gallon of ethanol"...is simply uneducated complaining and fear mongering that seems to be prevelant in todays society.