3 replies to this topic

#1 Paxamus

Paxamus

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Got a question,
I am about to put a bunch of spinnerbaits together using some Doc Shelton blades like the old Gambler ninja spins and I was wondering would you use a clevis on them or just thread them on the wire? I cannot find a good clear picture of them to tell.

Thanks
Paxamus

#2 Bob La Londe

Bob La Londe

Advanced Member

• TU Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Got a question,
I am about to put a bunch of spinnerbaits together using some Doc Shelton blades like the old Gambler ninja spins and I was wondering would you use a clevis on them or just thread them on the wire? I cannot find a good clear picture of them to tell.

Thanks
Paxamus

Not sure if it helps. but my Ford Fenders have clevises.

Edited by Bob La Londe, 21 January 2011 - 12:09 AM.

#3 smalljaw

smalljaw

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

Yes, you need a clevis, I've made, and have had success with those blades on a spinnerbait. Those blades won't produce a lot of vibration so they are best used in clear to lightly stained water, but they are effective because they produce a different flash and profile but like I said, you need to use a clevis.

#4 Paxamus

Paxamus

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Yes, you need a clevis, I've made, and have had success with those blades on a spinnerbait. Those blades won't produce a lot of vibration so they are best used in clear to lightly stained water, but they are effective because they produce a different flash and profile but like I said, you need to use a clevis.

Thanks, I have made others but wasn't sure about those blades.