32 replies to this topic

#21 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Mark's havin TU withdrawals lol.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback, so you're seeing an improvement in speed so far?
Anyone else in this thread experiencing anything noteworthy? Better, worse? Suggestions?

#22 Vodkaman

Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

Every other web side on the net manages to fill my screen, but not TU.

Here is what I get:
Attached File  stripersscreen.jpg   60.76K   3 downloads
Attached File  TUscreen.jpg   50.29K   3 downloads

It seems that all other sites tune the display to the screen being used. Once again I am left with a tiny display with 3" dead space each side. You are only ever going to make a small percentage happy with this method of display.

Is this a great hardship for me? No, not as much as having to scroll to read every thread, like the small screen users have to do. But there is a better solution and every other web site seems to have it.

Dave

Dave

#23 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:44 AM

Ok,

Site width has been addressed. Should be fine for users with screens set to 1024px and above (99% of users)

Site speed is being addressed, you should see improvements already, more can be done, feel free to update me if you like.

Thanks again for the feedback,
Jerry

Not sure what is happening as some pages I can see the whole page with my resolution set at 1024. I had to come back to the first page of this post as I couldn't even see the "add reply" button on the next page. I even tried changing the text size by holding ctrl and turning the scroll button on my mouse. I made the text both larger and smaller and neither worked. When I made the text larger I got the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen, but with the scroll bar pushed as far as it would go I still couldn't see the right hand side of the screen. Not sure why it does it on some pages and not others.

Ben

#24 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

Dave, Ben,
Thanks for the input, give the page another refresh (ctrl + F5) let me know if that clears up your issues.

#25 Vodkaman

Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Dave, Ben,
Thanks for the input, give the page another refresh (ctrl + F5) let me know if that clears up your issues.

Yes, much better. MUCH better.

Speed seems OK, I haven't been experiencing any of the problems some of the other members have.

Dave

#26 JSC

JSC

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thanx Jerry .. SPEED is much better

JSC
:)

#27 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Still having trouble with mine Jerry. I can get the whole page in view now, but I have to make the text so small I can't read it.When I make the text large enough to read I can't see the whole page and the scroll bar at the bottom of the page doesn't show up so I can read the right side of the page. Just for the heck of it I measured the size of the text after making it small enough to view the whole page and it's only 1mm tall. Is there something I'm either doing or not doing on my end?

thanks for the help,
Ben

#28 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

Still having trouble with mine Jerry. I can get the whole page in view now, but I have to make the text so small I can't read it.When I make the text large enough to read I can't see the whole page and the scroll bar at the bottom of the page doesn't show up so I can read the right side of the page. Just for the heck of it I measured the size of the text after making it small enough to view the whole page and it's only 1mm tall. Is there something I'm either doing or not doing on my end?

thanks for the help,
Ben

I think the screenshot images posted earlier in this topic may be stretching the site,
I replaced the images in the post via attachment.

Revisit this topic, refresh (ctrl + F5) and set your browser display back to your preference & let me know the results.

If the inserted images are indeed the issue, I'll look into a solution to help us properly scale down oversized image links.

Thanks Ben,
Jerry

#29 Vodkaman

Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

I think the screenshot images posted earlier in this topic may be stretching the site,

Revisit this topic, refresh (ctrl + F5) and set your browser display back to your preference & let me know the results.

If the inserted images are indeed the issue, I'll look into a solution to help us properly scale down oversized image links.

Thanks Ben,
Jerry

Yes, they were 800 pixels. I will stick to 600 in future if you force everyone else to stick to the rules too. If there is one thing I hate is clicking a thumbnail, waiting minutes for it to load, then having to scroll around because the thumb in the picture is bigger than my hand.

Dave

#30 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Thanks Ben,
Jerry

I just now revisited this post and everything is fine now. Didn't even have to refresh. I'll close my browser, reset my resolution and come back and see what it does. Will let you know.

thanks Jerry,

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy, 09 February 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#31 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Dave,
No worries, just troubleshooting.
Thanks for submitting the screenshots, they helped.

I'm checking into auto scaling for image links now.

Thanks again fellas,

Jerry

Edited by redg8r, 09 February 2011 - 12:12 PM.
Issue Resolved

#32 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

Changed the resolution back to 800x600 and everything is still here. The entire page seems to fit onto my screen and the text is large enough for these tired, old eyes to see and read it. Can't thank you enough Jerry.

Ben

#33 Delw

Delw

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Jerry looks really really nice,, you did a fantastic job its clean looking and the colors are great,. and its fast
I now can see private msgs that I could never find the button for in the past LOL
Delw