ice45

Elaztech Plastic

Ice45, the stretchy plastic like Z man uses has to be handled in a different way as far as production goes. This plastic is more of an extruded plastic than a poured plastic or injected plastic. There was something else that came up in one of the other posts in this thread that got me asking questions, so I made a phone call. I found out that a new piece of equipment is fixing to come out on the market for the hobbyist or at home bait maker. From what I understand it should be able to produce the stretchy plastic that you want.

What do you mean by extruded? Is it something you could spin cast or something like that?

"extrude [ɪkˈstruːd]vb

1. (tr) to squeeze or force out

2. (Engineering / Mechanical Engineering) (tr) to produce (moulded sections of plastic, metal, etc.) by ejection under pressure through a suitably shaped nozzle or die"

I got some of the "Super plastic" Calhoun's was selling and it is a different animal from regular plastisol.

You cant heat it in a microwave it has to be directly heated in a pan on a burner and is very tempermental regarding pouring temperature (too hot and it hardens and too cold and it is filled with globs) . You can only use powdered colorants no liquid worm colors.

You cant reheat it once cooked either.

For most people pouring their own baits its just too much trouble lacking the specialized equipment required