carolinamike

Lureworks Plastisol

I saw this morning that Spike-It (Lureworks) has added some new formulas to their website. I called and done some inquiries about it, they now produce Gel-A-Lure, Pourasol for hand pours, Injectasol for hand injection, and Ultrasol. From what I understand, Ultrasol is a formula that has no settling. Also they're going to be offering an optical brightener, which will help take the yellow tint out of white baits. It's been a while since the hand pours have seen new products made available to them. I think that if this goes well for Lureworks, that you'll see a lot of new and different products put out for hand production.

I know these guys are smart (they are from Georgia...LOL!!) so I know they haven't bet the farm on hand pouring stuff. Not many do it and I doubt many will randomly pick it up with hand injection.

I am checking things out with them and will make an order this week to get the low down. I hope to use their pourasol, injectasol, etc and see how this compares to current soultions.

Jim

I brought in 5 gallons of the pourasol last week and have been satisfied so far. I got a sample of the brightness additive but have not had a chance to try it. I am looking froward to trying the new plastisol, as well.

Did you get soft, medium hard? How is the fumes/smell, heating in mic (if you use), clarity of cooked plastic, etc?

Thanks!

Jim

I am going to call an talk with someone also. I'd like to know the differences as the Ultrasol is priced about the same as most plastisols I see out there. I will guess the difference is in the resins they use to produce each. It would be nice to see some more specs on the individual pages for each type.

Jim

Did you get soft, medium hard? How is the fumes/smell, heating in mic (if you use), clarity of cooked plastic, etc?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

I was using medium. I don't use a microwave ever, but in the Presto Pot the smoke and fumes was about the same as Calhoun's or Lurecraft. The clarity was good. There is very little settling even after the bucket has set for about a week. I am curious about the difference between the pourasol and injectasol. I always finish out the pot by pouring open pour molds.

Thanks for the info!!!!

Jim

I have a request into them for samples. It looks very interesting considering the prices. I'm happy with MF, but price is king in this world and if it compares, then I'm sold. I swear by the MF plastics though, it'd be hard to change, but saving money like that cannot be passed up.

I am going to call an talk with someone also. I'd like to know the differences as the Ultrasol is priced about the same as most plastisols I see out there. I will guess the difference is in the resins they use to produce each. It would be nice to see some more specs on the individual pages for each type.

Jim

here is the reply I got from them on the diff,

Ultrasol uses a different plasticizer that gives a softer feel at the same relative Shore OO rating

Bruce McElroy

Spike-It Outdoors, Inc

I am new to pouring and i went with the lureworks. I just poured my first few baits and it seems pretty good. I have both the soft and hard. The soft is really soft and seems pretty durable. It smokes a bit when heating but i use a hot plate not a microwave.

I am new to pouring and i went with the lureworks. I just poured my first few baits and it seems pretty good. I have both the soft and hard. The soft is really soft and seems pretty durable. It smokes a bit when heating but i use a hot plate not a microwave.

Thanks for the input. I assume you are using the "Pourasol" version. When you get a chance, please comment on the plastics clarity, and buoyancy (both the soft and hard), along with any bubbles issues.

The clearity is good. I poured some clear worms with holographic and blue flake last night and they looked really good. As for floating, the soft floats great. I made a craw mold that is about 5in and weights well over an ounce. It is a beast and it floated when i threw it into the fish tank. As for the hard it is not as boyant. But I have to say the soft seems very strong yet very very soft. Seems like it will hold up well. the bubbles are not bad at all but like i said this is the only brand i have used.

Mike

The clearity is good. I poured some clear worms with holographic and blue flake last night and they looked really good. As for floating, the soft floats great. I made a craw mold that is about 5in and weights well over an ounce. It is a beast and it floated when i threw it into the fish tank. As for the hard it is not as boyant. But I have to say the soft seems very strong yet very very soft. Seems like it will hold up well. the bubbles are not bad at all but like i said this is the only brand i have used.

Mike

Thanks for the input. I'll probably try a gallon for next season.