carolinamike

Lureworks Plastisol

if you remember the deaired soft and medium that Bear sold awhile back its supposed to be better than what that was to begin with!! and that stuff was great to work with IMO

Bear over at bearsbaits said lureworks is the same stuff as the old BBCP de-aired.

the injectasol is what bears bbcp used to be. the pourasol is for handpouring per the conversations with them. that was what the issues with bubbles were from because it was formulated more for injection machines hence there wouldnt be the bubble issue under pressure; but that has been reformulated to make it more hand injection friendly.

Edited by powerworm

their new blends are loads better than the last drum we got this past fall!! i can tell you one thing they stepped up their game in the plastisol market. this stuff is WAY better than the old BBCp soft and medium by a mile and they are both from lureworks worlds of difference between the 2 though!!

Decent stuff, not great, but decent. I tested out Pourasol and Ultrasol this morning with good results (both Medium & Soft). It's clear. I haven't tried it in the pot yet, but via microwave I found that you need to take your time heating it up. I turned the microwave down to a medium/low setting. Heating it too fast caused micro-bubbles. I didn't experience any scorching even at high temps around 330. Smoke was comparable to other brands, not too bad. Viscosity was good as well, poured very nice. Slight odor to it, but wasn't repulsing. Will I switch over from MF Plastic, not thinking I will. I think the ease of use MF provides is worth the few extra dollars, just my opinion. Definitely a good product though, just not what I was hoping it would be compared to MF plastic.

Thanks for the report and info Adam.

A good plastisol has to perform in the microwave as well as a pot. That has been difficult as the microwave definitely heats things crazy and soooo uneven.

Was there any hard packing to either sample?

Jim

Jim,

Neither of the samples had hard packing when I received them. I received (4) Quart bottles and they all looked good. I have a show all weekend, but I'm going to see how it goes in the pot early next week, won't have time this weekend.

Well folks, I got my 1st Gallon in this afternoon. All I can say is "Winner, winner, chicken dinner."

I love the stuff, definitely have my new brand. Next stop, 5 more gallons. :D

Injectasol, Pourasol or the Ultrasol?????????????????? DId you cook in mic or pot?

Jim

Injectasol, Pourasol or the Ultrasol?????????????????? DId you cook in mic or pot?

Jim

Pourasol Medium. Nuked in microwave. No bubble issues, excellent clarity, no overwhelming smell (but I do inject/pour outside), no smoke.

Sorry Jim, I was just too happy with it, and wanted to get back outside and make more baits!

I have not used the ultra sol.

I have just used apx. 3 gallons of the med. poura sol

as a whole it was very good,

did have some micro bubbles.. more bubbles with smaller batches like 4 oz..

with 16 oz batches the bubbles were way less..

does smoke a bit too..

the settling was very little and could be shook up very easily

the baits are a touch tacky too seems to go away after a couple days..

all of my pouring so far was with salt & softner added.

I have only poured calhons,, Lure Craft & the spike so I can not compare to any others..

can not beat it for the price..