Photo
- - - - -

Dick Nites Top Coat, How Do You Guys Preserve It?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ok... The whole visual with this goat thing is too much ...I think I'll go gouge my eyes out now..lol..Nathan

#22 markinorf

markinorf

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Ditto What Bob said, but I use Private Preserve wine preserver instead of Bloxygen, does the same thing, get more uses per can and cost less...
http://www.amazon.co...1&condition=new

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!You saved me some mula.
Mark

#23 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Ok... The whole visual with this goat thing is too much ...I think I'll go gouge my eyes out now..lol..Nathan

Hahaha... Ben is sick, I'm just twisted.

#24 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hahaha... Ben is sick, I'm just twisted.

I can't help it. It's in me and it's got to come out. heehee

#25 Salty's

Salty's

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

You may be able to put a layer of di-acetone alcohol on the top of the mcu to keep it from curing. I believe because the weight of the da it will "float" on top of the finish. Do not know if this will work for you.

#26 Donnybrooks1979

Donnybrooks1979

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

OK, I need a little help here. I have searched "Tapping the Can" for the last few hours. I cant seem to find the actual Technic to tapping a can of DN. From what i have read this seems like the best way to keep it. I just got my first pint in the mail, and for sure don't what to ruin it. Thanks for the help. PS- im using the clear coat for mostly casting spoons if it makes a difference.

#27 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Post #5 should give you all you need to know.

Ben

http://www.tackleund...933#entry177933

#28 Donnybrooks1979

Donnybrooks1979

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Post #5 should give you all you need to know.

Ben

http://www.tackleund...933#entry177933

You the man Ben! Not really sure why the tread didn't show up in my search. Thanks.

#29 RayburnGuy

RayburnGuy

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

You the man Ben! Not really sure why the tread didn't show up in my search. Thanks.

I'm not the best at putting in the right phrases or words when using the search feature either. Did learn one thing though. At times it helps to put your search terms in quotation marks. For instance, if you type tapping the can without quotation marks you get the following message. One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords. If you type "tapping the can" with quotation marks it will give you a number of pages with those words in them. Not sure what the difference is. Just know that it works like that.

Ben

#30 dicknite

dicknite

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

... I have bought three 2 oz bottles and 1 of them even arrived in the mail already rock hard...

milrtyme24 - please email me. If you paid for a bottle and it was hard when you got it, "that just ain't right"! I will replace it.

dicknite@dicknite.com

Dick

... I have bought three 2 oz bottles and 1 of them even arrived in the mail already rock hard...

milrtyme24 - please email me. If you paid for a bottle and it was hard when you got it, "that just ain't right"! I will replace it.

dicknite@dicknite.com

Dick