Jig Man

I Need A Jig Hook Recommendation

I am using a home made A-rig set up MO legal with 3 baits and 2 blades. I am catching white bass and largemouth on Bull Shoals lake. As long as I use "store bought" swim baits the hooks are doing fine. However, I have a version of a slider grub that will beat them hands down. In the shallow water I am fishing I have to use 1/8 oz heads on my 3 baits to stay off the bottom and in the strike zone.

I have tried my regular light wire 2/0 hooks. They failed miserably. Five fish in a row straightened out the hooks and got off. So I bought the strongest mustad 2/0 that bass pro has in stock.

They did not do much better today. I could get the fish in but had to reshape the hook after every fish. I finally got frustrated and went back to the swim baits.

Can someone tell me what hooks to buy for this situation. I hate to call Shorty's until I know what I need.

Thanks for the help.

Check out the Mustad 32833BLN salmon/steelhead 90 deg. hook

Designed and made for what you're doing

However, the bend opening is slightly more narrow than a Mustad 32786BLN hook of the same size.

Also, a Gamakatsu 604. Sizing tends to run small, so double check before ordering.

Is there a reason that you are using a jighead with no collar?

Otherwise, I would use a collard jighead and mod it so a Mustad 32786BLN would fit

Edited by sdsaw

I'm using no collar because I want the most open area from the point to the shank. A dab of super glue gel holds a slider on all day long so I don't need the barb. I'm really on to some quality fish for this area and need strong hooks but more than a 2/0 would be overkill, I think.