smalljaw

New Chrome Paint From Cs ?

I noticed CS has a new paint in chrome and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. I'm thinking if it turns out like the metallic gold or silver it will end up being more like a pearl but I'm curious so if anyone knows anything about it I would love to hear from you.

Mentioning Chrome paint on this site is like throwing meat to the lions LOL

Haven't seen it smalljaw, many "chrome" paints won't stay that way when topcoated due to how the paint is usually made.

I looked on their site, didn't see anything though.

Mentioning Chrome paint on this site is like throwing meat to the lions LOL

Haven't seen it smalljaw, many "chrome" paints won't stay that way when topcoated due to how the paint is usually made.

I looked on their site, didn't see anything though.

Barlows tackle has it listed in their new items and when you go to look at it they have it with all the other pro tec colors.

Wonder how bright it is. Probably a very fine aluminum powder or something similar. Try it and see how it works. Would be perfect for "chrome" coating little things like jigs etc if it was indeed bright and could be clear coated. Best way to tell how bright it is...do a shadow test. Note how close you can put a dark square to it before you see a reflection in the surface. The further the better obviously. Put it close and note the color/reflection, then more away and watch the shade disappear on the surface.. If you do a test compared to a real piece of chrome or mirror vs the dark square you'll see how good it really is and what I'm talking about. Somebody showed me this once.

Guest Gangel

There is a place in Wisconsin Rapids, WI that advertises they can spray paint chrome on cars.... the parts look nice, on TV... I think they might buff it afterwards? The parts they show are plastic... I dunno. Just a thought.