grund-l

Website

I paid dearly for someone to do my website. I wanted it to look professional so my company wouldn't be considered a small insignificant business that wouldn't be around in a year. So many people get in and get out of this business. Just because you have a few molds and can make a quality spinnerbait and jig doesn't mean people are going to come to your site and buy. There is so much competition it is hard to overcome. I haven't figured out how to drive business to my site. I have expanded my product line to offer several different types of lures. If you have your products in stores then you can't undercut the store price on your website or the stores will stop doing business with you.

Plus all the business tax, excise tax and sales tax that must be calculated and collected on your site makes it tough to do this project yourself. If you are going to take credit cards that brings in a whole other host of problems with security of your site. Hackers are constantly trying to get in. I am not trying to discourage you but I want you to know what you are getting into.

There are alot of guys on this site that have wesites and I am sure can offer more insight than I have but these are just a few of the problems that I have run into.

Tim

Frontpage works very well although slightly outdated it's hard to beat. I do all my own site in frontpage. It's nothing to rave about but it's simple and it works.

Dreamweaver is another good program. There's all kinds. You can even make web pages in MS Word etc.

I highly recommend you look at things like Joomla, Cafepress, etc, content management is pretty much the new standard for websites. Hard to learn but it allows more flexibility these days.

ZENCART! It is what fishingskirts.com uses. I currently have a page I am working on and then an online store also. It takes a lil bit to learn zencart but if you know a bit about html and css you can get it done. I taught all that stuff to myself in high school, but not as good as I use to be. I also have a godaddy account and you can get the zencart deal installed for ya for free on godaddy.