gonfishn

Fluid Bed Plate Source

I know some folks have been lucky enough to get some off of ebay at a decent price but haven't seen any listed for some time now.  The costs quoted to us at CSI was 55 cents a square inch, that's high (or so I think anyway).  Anyone have access to better prices or some stock they'd like to sell? Not real sure how much we'd need but I could get a better idea if someone has a source. 

Gonfishn,

At the time when I built my fluid bed, I tried all of the normal stuff most guys use. Then I was getting volcanoes on some powders. So I bought the stuff from CSI (yes it is expensive) with the hopes that it would produce better to perfect results. To my disappointment on some of the powders I had the same problem as with my previous media. With that said all powder will not always work perfectly in a fluid bed. Also when summer comes and it gets huimid, some powders  get progressively worse. So I don't think you will find a perfect solution for every powder. I now use vacuum cleaner bags and micro fiber pillow cases. In closing I have not found  the pourous material you are looking for at a really cheap price, especially in small quantities.

This is where I bought mine recently off of EBAY. Looks like he still has a bunch up for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fluidizing-pad-powder-coating-hopper-diy-/290817699256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b615edb8

When I bought mine he waived the shipping charge if you bought three sheets or more. So I got 3 sheets for $2 more than it would have cost me for 2 sheets with shipping.

I didn't buy mine to make my powder paints fluidize better. As I stated in another thread as did Andy1976 that we bought the plate to avoid the mess if we dropped a larger jig by accident.

So if I am making say a 12oz or larger saltwater jig and it acccidently gets dropped I don't make a big mess. Larger jigs can easily rip cloth or paper filter medias.

The fluidizing plate eliminates that problem. It will still be a pain and a small mess but at least I don't have 6 oz of powder all over and inside my fluid bed that I have to clean up.

Trust me it does make a mess of things.