Stonepointer

A Few Casting Spoon Questions

Hello everyone, I made an earlier post in the hardbait category concerning casting spoons.

I was not sure that the questions belonged there or here, so now I am posting similar questions here.

I was wondering what would be the best bevel angles on the opposite ends of casting spoons for small quarter and eighth ounce spoons about an inch long?

The other question is what would be a good metal tint paint for a stainless steel casting spoon?

I found some automotive translucent metal tinting paint online and I wonder if this would be good enough or is there something made specifically for metallic lures or metal that would be exposed to water?

Also what would be a good extra protective clear overcoat on any paint jobs I might do on a casting spoon?

I have used high grade nail polish to protect a regular paint job on homemade spinner blades and it has worked so far, but if I use a tinted paint should I look towards a different option?

Thank you very much for the answers.

I just picked up a couple of plungers of D2T 30 minute cure today which was not at most of the larger hardware outlets around me.

I already had some 5 minute, but from what I have been reading here and there, the 30 minute cure is far superior.

It was a smaller store that carried it, so I consider myself lucky to have found some.