cbj11lbs

Worm Oil Q.

Hello everyone, does anybody know how companies like Culprit and a few others get their baits to be so oily even after months on a shelf?  Do they literally let the baits marinate in worm oil as they cure for 48 hours??  I let my baits cure for at least 24 hours then bag them and apply worm oil generously to the bag and shake em up.  But after a week or so they are not oily anymore.  I know the baits will absorb some oil but I don't want to use a whole lot more oil because it does eventually add up to costs.  Thanks guys.  Chris

After they cool, I put them in a tupperware container, generously squirt in the worm oil scent and shake to coat.  Let it set at least overnight, but usually I squirt in another dose, shake again and let it cure. 

It is then jusdt slick enough to bag without being oily.  I got this tip from one of you veterans - thank you.

Some plastisols bleed oil and can create an oily mess after 4-5 months in the bag- which i have experienced 1st hand from 2 different manufacturers of plastisol. I personally don't want to rig an oily bait ,then wipe it on my shirt /pants.Now my hands are oliy and they must be washed w/ soap and water to remove the slimy mess.  Scent impregnated baits w/out the oily mess gets my  customers vote of approval .

Don't add raw garlic to your baits, it will turn rancid and can be a possible source of botulism. Instead, infuse the oil with the scent and then use it. You can do this two ways: either heat the oil up on a heating element slowly (has a very low smoke point) with your garlic in it OR get something like a mason jar and put your garlic or coffe grounds in it, add worm oil and then leave it on your porch in the sun for 2 weeks giving it a shake every day or two.

Don't add raw garlic to your baits, it will turn rancid and can be a possible source of botulism. Instead, infuse the oil with the scent and then use it. You can do this two ways: either heat the oil up on a heating element slowly (has a very low smoke point) with your garlic in it OR get something like a mason jar and put your garlic or coffe grounds in it, add worm oil and then leave it on your porch in the sun for 2 weeks giving it a shake every day or two.

Thanks for the input!