Rmullen99

First Plastic....

Hi Guys,

I got my first order of plastic in from Spikeit. I ordered te soft pourasol and made pop molds if senko type worms. It's my first pour ever so not sure how other plastic works. I made them this way

3/4 Cup Plastic

1/4 cup fine salt from spike it

Dye,glitter

These things are so soft. Fall apart faster than senkos. Here they are

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-44638-0-37266400-1375061645_thumb.jpg

This is the recipe I use for my sticks, they're nearly identical to the senko.  

1/2 cup medium/soft pourasol

2 1/2 Tablespoons powdered salt

3/4 Tablespoon softener 

Also just a little tip in case you haven't heard it before, if you are using these stick baits wacky style take a rubber o ring and slide it onto the middle of the bait and then take your hook and slide it under the o ring without hooking the plastic.  This will greatly increase the life of your baits, I have had the same green pumpkin blue stick bait on my rod for three outings and it has caught probably 15-20 fish.  Your baits look great by the way, I know nothing beats that feeling you get catching fish on something you've made yourself!

make sure you have mixed the plastic very very well,, the hardner part of the plastic will settle to the bottom. The last batch ( 5 gallons ) I got from spike it ,,  settled very bad and had to be mixed a lot before use. it has to be mixed 100 % ..  scrape the inside bottom of your plastisol jug to see if any is still stuck to the bottom..