carolinamike

New Process

Well the folks from Zorn came up this weekend and added new programming to my machines. I now have the capability of mass producing hollow body baits and will soon be starting production of a 4" hollow body fluke for Action AirTail. Its neat how this mold works, it produces 38 baits per cycle, this a completley new function for machines and right now we are 1 of 4 injectors in the country that has this capability. These type of baits could be made with a machine before but it was a slow and tedious process to remove the baits, now its totally automated. Its amazing how technology has progressed in the fishing industry.

• Like 1

No Frank, you can't do it on all the molds because they are not all hollow body baits. The mold still has to be made for a hollow body bait but for the process to be automated the machine must have this function. Especially if the baits need to be laminates, you could possibly fool the computer with a 2 color function to make solids but it would cause uneeded wear and tear on the machine.

ToadFrog, If the mold belonged to me I would post some pictures, my customer may let me post pictures but I don't want to ask him right now because he is new to the plastic industry especially with the price that he had to pay for this mold. Maybe when we get to know each other a little better I can talk to him and see what he thinks about it.