Kasilofchrisn

New Senko Mold From Do-It

not sure why they would pick the senko and put their own logo on it.

i dont think anyone is going to be selling a lot of these with another company's logo on it.

and their senko isnt even that great of a bait, the wiggle is all about the formula of plastic. so you can get the same / better results from any other stick mold on the market.

if it wasnt branded with do-it i think they would crush it.

Edited by ipt

the wiggle is all about the formula of plastic. so you can get the same / better results from any other stick mold on the market.

Anyone think that Gary probably knew this going in and wasn't too worried about people matching his baits exactly? Thus the reason for selling the rights to his mold?

Ben

not sure why they would pick the senko and put their own logo on it.

i dont think anyone is going to be selling a lot of these with another company's logo on it.

and their senko isnt even that great of a bait, the wiggle is all about the formula of plastic. so you can get the same / better results from any other stick mold on the market.

if it wasnt branded with do-it i think they would crush it.

The Doit logo in the bait was a requirement from Gary Yamamoto in order for him to sign the agreement with Doit.

I am guessing to eliminate any confusion when people sell baits from this mold.

Also people should be warned that the name "Senko" and the "Gary Yamamoto" names cannot be used when selling these baits.

I am guessing with some trial and error a person could come up with a very close plastic mix that matches the original Senko or nearly so anyways.

I have seen some interesting fish tank tests on youtube. Presumably from homemade Senko replica molds.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Another forum to join?  I'm still dithering about rejoining facebook, so I can communicate with my daughter who's in college back in Toronto.  Hahaha

You don't have to join that forum to get one of these molds.

They are offering an advanced sale to their forum members but those molds will be available to the general public in a month or two according to Do-It staff.

Guys I dont think Yamamoto has anything to do with it. The reason I say this is 5 years ago I was at the bassmasters classic and the GY pro was doing a demonstration of the senko at the tank and started out his demonstration by saying "and now I would like to introduce the most reproduced bait on the market". He turned knocking off of his product into product promotion, a very classy move if you ask me.