Pickadoll

How Do I Clean Resin Lures Before Coating?

I have a problem. When I put coat on my lures it wont stick to the lure everywhere. I got so called (fisheyes).
I think it has something to do with that they are not clean enough after the casting because of the release agent.

I have cleaned the lures in my washing machine AND by hand before painting. I have primed the lures with two layers using Motip White base primer.

It feels like they should be clean like a surgical hospital tool!!! What am I doing wrong?

Take a look under a magnifying glass it may be small pits in the resin, are you using micro balloons they tend to burst leaving very small pits in your bait. There's a thread going on about this very subject. Also do you have an inline moisture trap on your AB hose could be moisture in your air supply.

Let them sit exposed for about 2 weeks after you put them through the dishwasher. 

If this still does this, I suspect that the resin may be contaminated with moisture.  I had some resin go bad, and the lures would start to "sweat" anytime I tried to heat set the lures.  Additionally, the paint didn't stick and the clearcoats failed too. 

Dont use a release agent!

I can still get 40-50 baits from a mold without a release agent. I had the fisheye problem too... I started using gloves to handle them and stopped using a release agent. seems to have fixed it for now.

I have heard that a baby or talk powder can be used too. put it in shake around and dump excess out then pour your resin. Never tried it tho!