Brent R

Is This The Gst Everyone Is Using

I think the 2 part epoxies are faster and give more depth to your paint job. For some baits the added weight of 2 part epoxy can affect the performance. The GST adds very little weigh, you can add 4-5 coats without affecting the bait at all. The only drawback to GST is the cure time. I think you can probably use it comfortably a few days after final coat but to really get the rock hard cure it takes at least 2-3 weeks. Then it is almost indestructable

Have only done two plastic cranks. First one 4 coats ..waiting about an hour between coats and Second bait 6 coats over a 3 day period. It's been two days and still can easily push a nail mark in it. No other issues. Baits look great and love the 1 drip and done dipping. No real build up at the tail either unlike the MCU I'd have to babysit for 15 minutes. Next I'll try 1 coat every two days and see how it does. Really like the shine and the option of using fewer coats if you want the molded details to show better just need to get a bait hardened up good and a dipping time system I trust. First post so "Hello" . Looks to be a great site with alot of knowledge sharing and I look forward to contributing when I can through my experiences. Just started airbrushing baits about 6 months ago. I chase walleye&perch all over the Detroit river and Lake Erie and try to hit every inland lake I can drive to for ice season. One final tip from a rookie...DO NOT..stick one of your hollow plastic masterpieces in a food dehydrator to dry the MCU faster! It will deform and you will Cry!

Tom