rgm

Packaging- Plastic Inserts

Looking for someone to inject plastic inserts to hold my baits. Similiar to those used by guys that pour swimbaits so they displayed properly and not just thrown into a bag. Anyone have any contacts or a website that i can go to.....thanks in advance.

You'll want to google/search for "thermoforming" or "thermoform".

As with most stuff... alot will depend on what you need service wise.  To make parts you'll need a mold made - which if for short production runs is usually cnc machined from a "prototype" resin.  If for a long tern investment or high volume - you'd have an aluminum mold made which can be internally cooled providing faster runs and longer tool life.   For either you'd need a CAD model of your part to start.

I have ZERO experience or knowledge of this company.... but it was one of the first that popped up with google... hope this helps.

http://www.walterdrake.com/services.html

J.

There are several companys that do this type of custom molding. The problem is you first have to purchase a tool ,then you have to buy so many parts to keep the price down. The last custom tool that we had built was around 1700.00 and we bought 100,000 parts,still have alot of them left. The cost for a custom clam for a swimbait will be high.  Be careful ,you can easly waist a lot of money.