ChrisStratton

Is Mf Super Soft Plastic Odorless Even After Heated?

What guys may talking about for M-F if you over heat it to quickly it may bother you, on the other hand the other brands do the same. You will need some experience yourself what you call eye and nose problems using exhaust fans correctly and not just an open garage with help with every brand. Just cranking up the heat and say its burning my eyes will go with every brand. Recently we have tried the top 5 brands on this forum and all will run you away a one point. There was a couple 2-3 years ago when there was a contamination and lost some customers like ghost and so on. But you will see everyone on TU will have different onions like trying to make your wife happy all the time, impossible.

Just like the bubble issue, yellowing issue and so on, to each their own. If you take one brand and have to de-air 1 gallon at a time you will be there a while, if you have to shake or stir one brand for a 1/2 hour each pour then more problems. So the best thing to do is test what's in front of you.

Send me your address through M-F web site I will send you what you want to test for free then you personally will know yourself. Then try other brands either free sample or prepaid samples. Attn : Jeff and the topic on this post

Just my 2 cents

jeff@mf

Edited by jeff@mf

Yes for me if you hit a hot spot or incorrect pouring pots most of the time you can see where the over heating time is. For reasons I don't want to get into but us manufactures have to deal with what's delivered to us ands either accept it or refuse it if it don't pass inspection. If you receive finished raw material goods you can't do much with it but pour it hope for the best at that point, if for moisture and so on. Right now M-F is pouring at 137 but after this ice on the ground with 20 degree + or - a few things change again

Any brand assuming there is PVC in it all will burn at one point. If you ever ran pvc pipe for electrical in ditches and used heat bands on 3/4 up to 4" and turns yellow to black you will get the same toxic smell because the pvc can only take so much heat.

jeff@mf

Edited by jeff@mf

By putting a cig in your mouth any brand you don't have to do anything but open the pack, I do not smoke. And paying a bit more you get what you pay for by not having to de-air or stir every single bucket to get started. And there's this thing called overhead including, taxes, electric, storage so on that's why some folks will pay 40-50 buck a gallon. In 55 gallons its around 20 bucks or so. So cig are bad all around including those electric smokes :boo:

By putting a cig in your mouth any brand you don't have to do anything but open the pack, I do not smoke. And paying a bit more you get what you pay for by not having to de-air or stir every single bucket to get started. And there's this thing called overhead including, taxes, electric, storage so on that's why some folks will pay 40-50 buck a gallon. In 55 gallons its around 20 bucks or so. So cig are bad all around including those electric smokes :boo:

Some guys roll there own. :)

Plastisol used through a heat exchanger for professional injection machines performs much differently vs. plastic heated continuosly in a Presto Pot  w/ stirror for hand pour and/or hand injection.That said, I order  my plastisol purchases bases upon the following criteria.

1- Plastisol that does not hard pack- I've got better things to do then waste my time trying to mix plastisol that hard packs like concrete on the bottom

2- Plastisol that smokes excessively

3-Plastisol that does not take days to eliminate stickyness

4-Plastisol that remains clear for dipping after 8-10,controlled  re-heats in a micro wave

5- Plastisol that does not have a strong,chemical odor to it

6- Plastisol that does not bubble/foam on the initial,controlled heat-up in a micro-wave

7- Plastisol that is strong while providing good tear resistance and action in a soft-bait

8- Plastisol that is consistent w/ a manufacturer that stands behind their product

Price is a factor but the cheaper ones simply cannot qualify w/ all 8 requirements for a hand injection operation. Time is money is a business operation and many times,the more expensive product will save you money and aggrevation in the long run.

Plastisol used through a heat exchanger for professional injection machines performs much differently vs. plastic heated continuosly in a Presto Pot  w/ stirror for hand pour and/or hand injection.That said, I order  my plastisol purchases bases upon the following criteria.

1- Plastisol that does not hard pack- I've got better things to do then waste my time trying to mix plastisol that hard packs like concrete on the bottom

2- Plastisol that smokes excessively

3-Plastisol that does not take days to eliminate stickyness

4-Plastisol that remains clear for dipping after 8-10,controlled  re-heats in a micro wave

5- Plastisol that does not have a strong,chemical odor to it

6- Plastisol that does not bubble/foam on the initial,controlled heat-up in a micro-wave

7- Plastisol that is strong while providing good tear resistance and action in a soft-bait

8- Plastisol that is consistent w/ a manufacturer that stands behind their product

Price is a factor but the cheaper ones simply cannot qualify w/ all 8 requirements for a hand injection operation. Time is money is a business operation and many times,the more expensive product will save you money and aggrevation in the long run.

Sounds like real good stuff. I'll buy it what is it? :rolleyes:

if you are worried about his or your health, try a Phthalates free type. This will only be 'better' and not totally harmless.  Don't sniff the fumes, use a respirator, and use a ventilation system that pulls enough air.. there is a thread on ventilation right now that is worth reading. 

I wish I had built a bigger / stronger vertilation system to start with. 

Also, look out when using 'micro ballon' to make plastics float. Similar for any lightweight powdery substance. 

Use quality respirators that fit correctly... not something to skimp on. They are very inexpensive compared to the long term costs.