Curt - NC

Coolest Lure Contest Now Running!

We are working with the same exact system that was in place for the last contest that was held back when Jerry was running the site. So it's not like we're making things up as we go.

So, please explain how the star rating system will address ties? (there seems to be a lot of 3's)

Don't you need to go into the system to see whether a tie can be resolved by seeing which entry had more higher scores, or are you going to simply count the total number of votes that an entry got?

You can't blame me for asking these questions, its only fair to everyone that these specifics are disclosed.

This is a contest beyond the forum website, its sponsored by the commercial company "Lure Parts Online", so I am sure they would also be just as concerned how fair its being tallied.

Again, I am not trying to cause trouble here, just trying to get the facts.

Curt,

How can I delet  a photo from the contest. I uploaded too many

Just let me know which photo(s) you want deleted and I can do it for you. You should also have the ability to delete any photos you uploaded accidentally, but if you can't figure it out, I'll be glad to help you with it :)

So, please explain how the star rating system will address ties? (there seems to be a lot of 3's)

Don't you need to go into the system to see whether a tie can be resolved by seeing which entry had more higher scores, or are you going to simply count the total number of votes that an entry got?

You can't blame me for asking these questions, its only fair to everyone that these specifics are disclosed.

This is a contest beyond the forum website, its sponsored by the commercial company "Lure Parts Online", so I am sure they would also be just as concerned how fair its being tallied.

Again, I am not trying to cause trouble here, just trying to get the facts.

I have access to a bit more info than regular forum users, so I can see how many votes were cast, etc.

We will do our very best to sort things out and give awards accordingly. I just went back and re-read my response to you from yesterday. I apologize if it came across as harsh. It wasn't my intention. Written words are so hard to decipher when it comes to tone of voice.

But rest assured that we will be as fair as possible when it comes to the contest ;)

how do I take some photos down .... didn't read that one photo entry .... would like to keep the ratsnake lure I put up only ....cheers aaron

Which category are you referring to? You can either delete the unwanted photos yourself or you can tell me which ones you want removed and I can do it for you.

how do I take some photos down .... didn't read that one photo entry .... would like to keep the ratsnake lure I put up only ....cheers aaron

Aaron, I checked for your photos and found that you didn't enter them in the contest. You uploaded them to the regular Hard Bait gallery.

In order to be entered into the contest, you have to upload your entry here:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/index.php?/gallery/category/13-best-hard-bait/

Please add your entry ASAP, as the time period for entries to be added is about to end!!

seen a lot of painted plastic lures ... reckon there should be one for each ... hand crafted comp then a painted plastic comp ......cheers aaron 

Agreed. The next time a contest is run, there will be categories for carved and handmade baits and categores for baits that were bought and painted.

• Like 1

I guess I didn't submit my lure soon enough.looks as if it was taken off. O well. I will prep for you next contest making lures is very addictive.

I don't recall removing any images for being submitted too late. It's possible that you may have accidentally submitted it to the regular gallery instead of the contest gallery. A few people seemed to have made that mistake.