mark poulson

Watermelon Red Flake Again

Thanks guys.  When my new "magic" color and flake arrives, I'll report back.  

Adding some chartreuse makes sense, to lighten the green, but I won't know if I need it until I've tried the stuff that's coming.

I have kudzu.  I'll play around with that, too.  If I can get it to work with my old .15 red flake, I'll be thrilled.

Success!!!  Using Baitjunkey's colorant, flake, and the sample he sent me of his plastic I was able to make and pour some very nice watermelon/red flake Ikas, and 7" worms, with no color bleed from the red flake at all!  Next batch I'll add a drop of black, and match GYCB's color exactly!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I upload my pics to photobucket, copy them to my clipboard using the IMG tag and then paste them here if that helps you basscandy. The LC watermelon is an awful looking green but when I was first starting out the recipe I posted earlier in the thread is what I came up with to get a watermelon myself and others liked. It only used one drop of that LC watermelon colorant haha. Now I use that as my base recipe and add in a few drops of the LW watermelon 101 and I'm really happy with it. Actually, I've been really happy with all of my LW colorants so far and would highly recommend them to anyone who is curious about trying them out. Plus, Bruce is just a great guy to do business with.

Bears 4" injection stick bait

Bears 4" injection stick bait

Cool it worked.  The top color is what I came up with using the LW 101.  I like a lot better than the LC watermelon.

Bears 4" mold love it!  Need to post separate thread to give him props.

My first go round, I got up to 60 drops of the LW 101 and 20 (I think of LC pumpkin).  12 oz LW soft, 2 caps softner  5 heaping tbsp. popcorn salt.  I know some will say not enough salt, but it works for me. 

When holding this color up to the light you can see the hue of a good watermelon color! 

The is other is baby bass using the new LW 101 watermelon, I think I like it to.  with the smaller bait, the watermelon does not look as dark as the five inch.  I checked the weight of the GY 4" which is a larger diameter bait, 7 grams.  Mine came it at 5 grams.

Cant wait to see the action and ability to cast this smaller stick!  

Edited by Basscandy92040