bassmaster7938

Chemmaster Polyseal Ez Concrete Sealer For Topcoats?!?!?

Long story short, in my area I cannot find anyone that carries GST or EAgle brand sealer, and I cannot find anyone that will ship it to me. I have been using ChemMAster PolySeal concrete sealer on my driveway over the last few years and I really like it for that purpose. I have about a gallon left over, I thought about trying it. I am a newbie to the airbrushing world, but I do want to dip my top coat. What are your opinions on this stuff?

http://www.chemmasters.net/PolySealEZ.php

I am not familiar with that particular product but, since you already have some, I'd suggest you paint up a sample and dip it to see how it performs.  That's the surest way to find out if it's compatible with you paints, how fast it dries/cures/hardens, and what the recoating times are.

It's a lot better to experiment with something new on a test piece you don't care about than to ruin one of your own paint jobs and/or lures.

I would suggest trying to replicate the process that has been tried and true for Eagle and GST.  I use Eagle, I CAN dip every 12hrs no problem, but I normally like to wait 24hrs between coats.  I dip 4 coats.  It normally takes a solid week or two before the clear has set solid.  

I've run into problems with the coat wrinkling if I tried to dip every few hours.  I decided it was worth it to have a little patience in the end.

Good luck.

I live in Canada and couldn't find either products as well. I bought a gallon of a different product called UV Gloss which seems to look really good. I can't comment on the fishing durability yet but the finish is really nice.

Just because GST or the Eagle sealers are mentioned here doesn't mean that they are the only products that work. But you will need to do a test dip before committing all your freshly painting baits.

Gave the Tech. sheet a quick read and it is definatley worth trying.It offers UV protection, and is solvent based.I see where this one can be sprayed on...The Eagle Brand and Gst could only be rolled on...not that makes any difference if you plan on dipping..I didn't see what the solids percentage was though....Nathan