rockdog23

Nu -Lustre

I started doing a couple of test baits with Nu-Lustre 57, has anyone had any bad experiences with either the 55 or 57?  Do you normally apply more than one coat?  About how long does it normally take to dry to touch?  So far so good but it's taking around 24 hours to dry to touch.  I know the measurements are right could it be the Minnesota cold (we keep the house fairly cool).  It does set up nice after that time period, just seems a little long.

Thanks

I use 55 all the time and never had any issues. If quantities are even on both sides, it does take 24 hours to dry, though I give it a few more days prior to anything on top of it if I use it as a sealer. I sometimes seal the lures with it, sand, clean up, prime and paint, and then add another coat of 55 as my finish. I do not use the UV safe version, yet it never ever yellowed on me. I should have added that I use it on wooden baits for pike and muskie.

Pat