spoonpluggergino

Using Auto Clear

I have tried using auto clear by ACME Product, Finish 1 FC720.  I only used it one time this last summer. I used a cheap Harbor Freight air brush to spray the bait. The brush worked great, I did thin out the auto clear with paint thinner, so I could use the air brush. I was not impressed by this particular AC, but maybe needed additional coats of auto clear. I really want to get away from using E-Tex, it's a pain

I have done a search but I cannot find a brand name on Auto Clear that bait builders are using, I seem to remember someone using AC from DuPont but I do not know what specific product that was. If someone here is using an auto clear that works good please let me know, I would greatly appreciated

Thanks In advance

Gino

Edited by spoonpluggergino

I used to use the "shopline" clear from ppg. I always loved how it made my baits look - the finish just seemed to have that pop, shine, and sparkle using auto clear. The problem i had with auto clear and why i quit using it (aside from known health hazards involving it), was that i use my cranks on rocks, concrete columns, and other rip rap. It quite simply would not hold up to the abuse of a few errant casts or hangups on rocks.  I joined the "solarez revolution" and have been happy with it taking the abuse as well as a factory lure or often better depending on the company.