surfk9

Just Mesh...no Foil?

Has anyone applied mesh ....then epoxy (minus foil) light sanding ...continue as normal paint/second clear coat....would that give a "raised scale look"....am I missing something (possibly a few brain cells). Any insights would be appreciated...thanks, surfk9

That might just work surfk. A lot would depend on matching the thickness and size of netting to the bait, but it would be worth trying. If you wanted your netting to be a contrasting color you could paint the mesh and apply it after you've laid down some of your other colors. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Ben

Ben like your suggestion of putting the mesh on after some colors...I've got some yellow mesh that would work for scales...how about a reaction between the heat set createx and the 3m adhesive??/I'm venturing into uncharted territory here...but am intrigued with the possibilities...thanks, michel (aka surfk9)

Michel I would only be guessing about the 3M adhesive since I haven't used it. I have used the Loctite 100 on Createx without any problems though. It would be easy enough to test it before trying it on a lure. Next time you've got the airbrush running spray some Createx on a piece of scrap and heat set it before applying the 3M. I have a feeling it won't be a problem.

good luck,

Ben

What about putting mesh down then brushing on Solarez. Next expose the Solarez to UV light for about 10-15 seconds (maybe longer) until it cures to a "gummy" texture then remove the mesh and let the Solarez cure the rest of the way. I think the key would be bushing it on as thin as possible so that the "scales" would be left behind when you lift the mesh vs having them peel up with the mesh. Just a thought.