ChilliSpoons

Rattle Can Base

No Apologies needed.  :yay:

I'm a newbie and struggle with consistency when laying down paint and find some of the comments may be related to some of those issues. When mixing paint it seems like "Thin to Win" is the trick and trying a rattle can base may not worth the risk when top coating with a concrete sealer. I'll continue to spray numerous layers of a white base to save possible negative paint reactions.

Chilli,

I've used a rattle can water based primer with GST numerous times without issue.

Edited by FrogAddict
  • Like 1

So many benefits in using a rattlecan.  You may not want to use an airbrush.  I said the same thing as you....8 years later i'm still using them exclusively.  Do fast strokes and blend colors while they're still wet.

Try to use the same brand of paints if possible.

Nice job!

s56

Seeking 56, thanks for the tip, "Do fast strokes and blend colors while they're still wet". I thought I was alone using rattle cans, you have restored my confidence. Not everyone can afford airbrush equipment. It is the challenge that keeps me captivated.

Heck, I can't get em that good with an airbrush!

FrogAddict, I seriously doubt that.

I was rather hesitant to post the picture for fear I would be ridiculed by some of the hugely talented airbrush jockeys here on TU. I am grateful for the kind responses...so far.

I am learning and fooling around now with some stencils and tricks to see how far I can go to achieve a more realistic bait.

Fiberglass is a forgiving medium, the only thing I have on my side.

My biggest problem comes from my wife: "Will you please stop making all that annoying rattling noise?"

My biggest problem comes from my wife: "Will you please stop making all that annoying rattling noise?"

Next time she complains send her to Lowes to look for a rattle can muffler. Just don't forget to duck when she gets home. :halo:

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy