archery1

Del Mar Molds

He does/did aerospace part machining, and has recently started doing firearms parts.  I seem to recall seeing a message in another forum that he was waiting on his approval as a firearms manufacturer (FFL-7) from the State Department to manufacturer restricted serial numbered parts like receivers.  I believe he was working with Ruger on the .22 magnum version of the 1022 rifle.  

Before somebody jumps in to correct me the ATF does issue FFLs, but the State Department takes a bite too for manufacturers.

Edited by Bob La Londe

He's a machinist, I have hear a TON of BS come out of his mouth over the years so I am hard pressed to believe anything he says. 

When you are doing machine work its easy to get a taste of design in a lot of areas.  I could claim to be a medical equipment designer by that stretch.  What I really did was design and make a small bracket and hanger to mount the dispenser for disposable covers to the equipment instead of having to put hanger studs in the wall for it.  Basically a plate with two screw holes, and two hanger studs.  But now I am a medical equipment designer.  LOL.