TerryF2858

Paasche Talon ? Good Or Not So Good

I have the Talon TG-3 it’s the set with all the needle/nozzles and it is sweet I have had no issues and I've sprayed just about everything through it including glitter craft paint for one of the kids school projects, it is a bit on the heavy side but if you’re not a full blown artist painting all day I see no issue with that. It's not quite the match to my Iwata's but you will like it and for the price of the kit you essentially get 3 brushes in one.

I have both brushes....Its like comparing a Honda to a Hyunda...you get what you pay for!

Iwata's are just well made precision tools! My first brush was/is an eclipse. This has been my workhorse since day 1! I thought the talon would give me some versatility and for the price i jumped on it. it has seen a quarter the use of my Iwata and the inside of the bowl is already de-chromed bronzeish looking. while in the beggining i did make the mistake of using window cleaner to clean between colors it never hurt my iwatas and they saw much much more of it. the trigger has worn down on the sides of the talon to where is it really grainy and can be a PITA if trying intricate stuff. I have gone through 3 talon hoses the little rubber gromets are always connected bad and begin to decay and leak. 

Talon has a few advantages for beginners.

1. Has the adjustable pull thow so you can limit the amount of paint and dont have to rely on finger control

2. has a stopper on the needle so you cannot jam it in ruining the nozzle

3. Price and versitility with the 3 different setups is great!

I am not bashing the talon and you could be happy with this brush for a long time. I have even reccomended it to some people that i knew would bennifit from its features.  I have just found i rarely use it anymore. Its main use is pearls and large stuff with that huge #3 nozzle and needle.