CNC Molds N Stuff

Hinged Molds Blanks

Hinged Mold Blanks

So far the best price I have found for hinged blanks is from Cabelas.  Well, for the larger one Do-It makes anyway.  I don't think I am really interested in the smaller one.  

I have been machining my own hinged blanks from raw stock, but it adds substantially to machine time, and by the time I add handles (a necessity for safety on lead molds in my opinion) the extra time really adds up.  Time is money.  

I was wondering if anybody knew of a source or could hook me up to buy them at a better price?  I'ld probably be buying four (4) or more at a time, but I suppose I could buy as many as ten (10) at a time if the price was right.  

I have already devised a method for indexing the two halves 

Edited by Bob La Londe

Oh, by the way.  I was wrong about Cabelas.  They monkey with the model numbers.  Their part number starts with 3146.  The Do-It model for the larger blank is 3416.  Cabelas is selling the smaller blank only.  I wonder if they did it on purpose.  Oh, well...  I guess that's what I get for breaking my rule about buying from them only if I can't find what I want somewhere else first.  

I have found Shark river mail order is cheaper than Zeiners by a couple of dollars per mold.

I don't know if they carry the blank molds but if they do they will be cheaper that's for sure.

I tried Zeiners only once and poor packaging of some powder paint had me looking elsewhere.

Bob, dumb question, is CNC Molds tied in with Shawn Collins, I thought he had a company called CNC and sold on Ebay?  Just a question for my own reference as I have folks who ask me about mold makers and I know Shawn took forever to deliver, sometimes not at all?

Bob, dumb question, is CNC Molds tied in with Shawn Collins, I thought he had a company called CNC and sold on Ebay? Just a question for my own reference as I have folks who ask me about mold makers and I know Shawn took forever to deliver, sometimes not at all?

CNC molds n stuff is in no way related to Shawn Collins.

They are a seperate company making CNC molds.

I own 2 of Bobs molds.

I also own at least 12 Shawn Collins molds and he is currently cutting me a couple of new molds.

Both are great to deal with.

I never have delays with Shawn. Or communication problems.

But I'm not a tire kicker either. He sends me a quote and I pay him. He sends my molds in a few weeks and we are both happy. As are the people buying my custom jigs.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from either mild maker.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

Shawn Collins sells on Ebay as CNC Works.  No relationship at all.  As far as I know everything he has on Ebay is stuff he has already cut and is in stock on the shelf.  I have seen some of his work, and I can tell you it is very good.  

I sell on Ebay as Bob_La_Londe.  I do not list anything on Ebay I do not have in stock on the shelf ready to ship.  I also occassionally sell defects and blems on Ebay at a discount.  (I always make sure they work first.)  At the moment I don't have much listed on Ebay.  Its all sold except some finnesse worm molds and a ballast weight mold.  I probably won't list anything for a little while either.  I'm backed up a few weeks on customs, and I have several customs quoted that could pay any time.   

The "N Stuff" part of the name is because I do make other stuff sometimes not related to fishing or molds.  I've done brackets for medical equipment, fogless misters, and I make a lot of my own machine parts.  At one point I even cut a few 80% lowers out of solid blocks when the market was hot for them and I could sell them at a premium (not worth making for me at current prices).