Brent R

Kvd Swim Jigs

Does anyone know why some of these jigs have rattles and some don't. I bought some a few month ago and they had rattles. I bought some today and now of them had rattles. The ones with rattles are built different right behind the head of the jig. The skirt goes on and then the double barrel rattles slide on right behind the skirt and it also has a wire trailer keeper. I like the rattles when the water is lightly stained to stained. And info would be welcomed.

Thanks Brent

Kasilofchrisn i bought the same model and i bought them at Bass Pro Shop. I called them after i noticed today that the ones i bought did not have rattles. Their reply was they had know idea why. Most of the people that work in the fishing section at most sporting goods dealers don't even know what a split ring is. And that's about par for the course. Thanks for the reply.

take care, Brent

• Like 1

Yeah your right on that one. Those box store employees don't usually know much about anything.

I though maybe on the off chance that the store you bought it from may have ordered some without rattles for some reason and could clarify that.

There are still a few mom and pops around who do know their stuff.

I know you wanted what you had before but maybe you could salvage them by adding rattles yourself?

Yeah your right on that one. Those box store employees don't usually know much about anything.

I though maybe on the off chance that the store you bought it from may have ordered some without rattles for some reason and could clarify that.

There are still a few mom and pops around who do know their stuff.

I know you wanted what you had before but maybe you could salvage them by adding rattles yourself?

I might try and put rattles on them. But i sure would have liked them better if they had come with them. I really liked the way they had the rattles on the bait...they were easy to take of and on. Thanks for you reply

take care, Brent

The KVD Swim Jig is an exclusive model for Bass Pro Shops, and anytime you have that you'll often get different builds with different lots and the reason is cost. BPS said you get either a solid color head or a scale pattern, and what happened is the contract for those is up and a new one started with a different price point with the rattles so to keep the cost and profit margin in sync BPS probably dropped the rattles. Take a look and see if there is a product number on the package, and compare it, if you still have any packaging from previous models with rattles, I'll be willing to bet the numbers vary in some way and just due to color. In order to get ones with rattles in the future, you will have to go to a BPS and look for old stock.

The KVD Swim Jig is an exclusive model for Bass Pro Shops, and anytime you have that you'll often get different builds with different lots and the reason is cost. BPS said you get either a solid color head or a scale pattern, and what happened is the contract for those is up and a new one started with a different price point with the rattles so to keep the cost and profit margin in sync BPS probably dropped the rattles. Take a look and see if there is a product number on the package, and compare it, if you still have any packaging from previous models with rattles, I'll be willing to bet the numbers vary in some way and just due to color. In order to get ones with rattles in the future, you will have to go to a BPS and look for old stock.

I don't have any of the old packages. The rattles might not even make a difference, but i liked them with the rattles. I will take a look the next time i go to BPS..Thanks for the reply.

Take care, Brent