odinohi

Shawn Collins Customs

If you search this forum you will find many posts about him that like yours. I also tried to business with him a few years ago with no lick on getting him to answer emails or the phone. I am surprised he is still in business. Don't know why he bothers with a website.

When I deal with Shawn I get email responses within 3 days and often sooner (except oveer the 4th of July weekend of course.lol).

I have over 12 of his molds now and he is currently cutting me 2 more molds as we speak.

His communication with me and his service and delivery have been great.

Living in Alaska we usually get boned on shippping and "handling" charges. His have been great he charges me $12 for a USPS flat rate box of molds.

I know he is busy but I can honestly say I have never had a problem not even one when dealing with Shawn collins customs.

Maybe I am just lucky? Maybe it's because I buy his molds and have never balked at his prices but rather he sends me a quote and I pay him right away via PayPal.

I get my molds in a timely manner and all is well.

His molds are world class and I really like them.

If Shawn is not your cup of tea try contacting Bob at http://www.cncmolds.com/contact.shtml

He also does good work in a timely manner. I have 2 of his molds and they are also very nice molds.

On my last set of molds I emailed Shawn on the Thursday July 3rd 2014 about the molds I wanted.

He got back to me on Tuesday July 7th with a price quote(they were molds for which he already had the designs).

He then emailed me on July 24th that he was cutting my molds and wanted to make sure I was OK with the #3 eye size of the mold.

I emailed back an OK the same day.

I just got confirmation today that my molds have shipped with a USPS tracking #.

2 CNC machine molds cut and shipped with in a months time seems good enough to me.

I don't know why so many people have trouble dealing with him as I have yet to have one single issue.

I think what it comes down to is first getting started with him once you've made a purchase and you become a recurring customer you trump all other requests, he does nice work it's getting in contact with him for the first time that is so difficult.

I would have to agree with you there.

Also realizing what his work cost and paying him without question (if you really want the mold) helps.

I know some people are probably shocked to find out his work isn't double or triple what a do-it mold cost but more like 5-6 times. Especially if a lot of cad work is required or its a large mold. I have never balked at his prices or tried to negotiate with him on price.

But quality cost money as does having something unique or at least something that isn't out there as much as a Do-it molds are.

I first bought from him on EBAY as I figured that was stuff he already had made and was ready to ship. I also figured I had EBAY buyers protections. 

I sure am glad I bought molds from him as those are my most popular jigs. The stuff from my do-it molds just doesn't get much attention. Granted there isn't a lot of Do-It's bigger saltwater stuff like I need/use here in Alaska.

Edited by Kasilofchrisn

I've had over 20 molds made by Shawn and he won't return any of my emails for other molds I would like to have made. Don't know why he won't answer them. Never bargained on his prices as they are great pricing. Even asked him if I pissed him off and get no replies. Time to find another source.

I've had over 20 molds made by Shawn and he won't return any of my emails for other molds I would like to have made. Don't know why he won't answer them. Never bargained on his prices as they are great pricing. Even asked him if I pissed him off and get no replies. Time to find another source.

Thats too bad you can't get in contact with Shawn.

Try Bob at :http://www.cncmolds.com/

He does good work in a reasonable time frame. I would certainly use him again.

Thats too bad you can't get in contact with Shawn.

Try Bob at :http://www.cncmolds.com/

He does good work in a reasonable time frame. I would certainly use him again.

Thanks for the link and sorry for the delayed reply. I'm not usuing my usual computer because my hard drive stopped working and don't really feel like buying another computer, so its my cell for now. I'll check cncmolds out and hopefully i will be able to do some business with them.