diemai

Home-Designed Lure Model Named Popdiver

Hi , people , 

It's been a little while , since I've posted in here , .......now I'm back and would like to put up this little video displaying my latest , somewhat out-of-the-box lure design , ....just thinking , that one or another hobby lure carver in here might get some inspiration and input , since I strongly believe , that my design would not only work for local northern pike , but for American bass alike .

Most info about that lure model is containing in the video , ......hope , it's fairly understandable , as English is not my first language , ......nevertheless I'd gladly answer any upcoming questions here in the forums .

At 15:10 of the video there is an inset link to another video shown , .......please check out that one as well , if interested .

Greetings from northern Germany , diemai :yay:

Edited by diemai
  • Like 1

Sorry for belated reply , gents , ....been working weekend shifts , ...not much time for web surfing !

Thanks a lot for your kind words , ........I've been throwing these PopDivers quite a few times now , ......sadly fish are too reluctant these days at the turnover from summer to fall  , ...but I've learned a lot about how to work this lure through the submerged weedbeds without catching weeds too many times .

Works real great to twitch it over weedbeds with only little clearance to the surface(just one foot is OK) , but yet crank it down into the open gaps between the single packs of weed in that pond .

Also found out , that on a deeper dive a really lively and erratic swimming pattern can be achieved by cranking the reel handle just a quarter to a half turn and pause for a split second , then repeat and so forth , .........the lure would maintain depth this way but come back in in a most irregular swimming motion .

I'm really happy with this lure design of mine , .....for coming winter break I'm planning on making some more of this kind in various colors and also turn down some larger models having two trebles rigged , ....just to be able to offer a bigger bite , since I believe , that larger lures would be of advantage in our heavily pressured local fishing ponds .

Thanks a lot for your interest , folks , ....much appreciated :worship: , .....greetings , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Great video and loved the lure and the thinking behind it.

Not much you can do about the casting limitations with that cupped rear, but the bubble trail should make up for that.

With that wide body, there is a lot more depth available if you wanted it, by moving the tow eye back a tad, but I suspect in that water that the extra depth would not be required.

Very informative thread.

Dave

@ Vodkaman

Thanks for chiming in , Dave , .......possibly gaining some more diving depth sounds pretty much interesting to me , I would have to try this on another model to be made during coming winter break , .....might not be neccessary for that particular pond in the video , but I'm also fishing other gravel pits partly having some steeper and deeper drop-offs covered in water weed , .........and still one could use the lure as a pure diving bait , too !

Thanks for that hint , Dave :worship:

@ barrybait

Thanks a lot , ......though my written English is better than my spoken one , I guess , ....just do not have any "delete" button when talking into the camera  :lol: !

@ Cougarftd

Thanks a bunch , ........by next week I shall post a sketch of that lure in here as well  , someone on a German lure making site asked for one to be able to make his own versions , so coming weekend shifts I'm gonna take the exact measurement off one PopDiver to draw a sketch at work , ...these two lures here I've made "freehanded" .

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Hi , folks , 

Finally found the time to make a little video containing my "PopDiver" sketch made last weekend at work .

I've decided on a video , so that I can reach far more people , as if just putting the pictures up on TU and a local site .

Don't have a scanner , anyway , so I've only got these pictures at hand , anyway .

All measurements are metric in millimetres .

Greetz , Dieter :yay:

Sorry for belated reply , ...for days I've been hanging out at the ponds all day and sat down the shop in the evenning , got some urgent work to be accomplished(pimping bicycle luggage bags with tubular rodholders to transport two lure rods plus a landing net).

@ Vodkaman

Thanks , mate , ...glad , that it seems to be understandable :rolleyes:  !

@ Musky Glenn

Thanks a bunch  , bud , ......never heard of Jerry Clover , but just googled the name , ...came across some YouTube vids  , .......OK , admittably this is just not the Oxford English , that I've picked during my youth , ......but as it seems , it's not much more difficult for me to understand than the southern accents of my own country :lol:  .

Greetings from Hamburg /northern Germany , ...Dieter :yay: