RAWJigs

Vibrating Jigs

Hey guys, I guess Zman got to all the places that carried the heads for a vibrating jig to attach the blade directly to the head. I have tried a few things and even done the split rings and it seems like the blade gets stuck or stops to vibrate. What does everyone do to get the same kind of action from the original style heads we are no longer able to use.

I was going to post something similar to this today but since you posted it last month hopefully someone will reply.  Today I experimented with with the split rings.  It had an interesting action on it.. with the blade attached directly to the head I just got a rolling action..

Edited by token12

I saw a couple of days ago that fishingskirts.com has the heads with the open hook eye. They call them the Head Banger. However I just checked again and they are gone. You can still do a search for them and they still come up, but you can't click through to them. I believe if you call and ask for them they might still have some.

I saw a couple of days ago that fishingskirts.com has the heads with the open hook eye. They call them the Head Banger. However I just checked again and they are gone. You can still do a search for them and they still come up, but you can't click through to them. I believe if you call and ask for them they might still have some.

Lure parts online dancer swim jig heads are the same as the ones you mentioned. Link posted below. 

I use the Figure 8 links that lurepartsonline carries.  I use one end as the eye and attach the hook to the other end.  You can bend the eye out after molding the jig to attach the blade.  I use the medium size.

http://lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Misc-Hardware/Figure-8-Links.html

I bought some pre-molded dancer swim jig heads http://lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Dancer-Swim-Jigs/Dancer-Swim-Jigs_2.html

I'll post a video tomorrow or what is going on so you guys and anyone else who replies, can see what is actually going on with the action. 

We shall figure out a solution to this problem

Edited by token12

I managed to get the jig to vibrate with the blade directly attatched to the eyelet.  I simply just opened the eye up a little bit and took my jewelry pliers at the base of the head and bent the eyelet to wrap around the jewelry pliers this will also bend the eye downwards.  After I did this I went out to the local watering hole tested it out and it worked like a charm.