bass shack

Dels C/kinami Worm Mold

if u order from del.......an he dont have 1 made ...well... u better not be planning on shooting it this year.. like earlier post said... call lure craft an get it from them..they  will order it. or call del an see if he has any (IN STOCK ).. he has terrible  sense of time . I bough mold off of him earlier this year. The mold was bad so i sent it back. He made another n shipped it to me.. 3 months later!!!!!! He also said he would refund shipping to me...

Well.....i yet to see it  an it's been 5 an a half months . He makes great molds.. but i dont think i will buy anything off of him again

Edited by archery1

What the heck happened to Del. I use to call him way back when and seem fine. I stepped away from pouring for a while, and the customer service went down. Order all your molds from Lurecraft, I know that for sure. I have a good contact that went threw some s@#T to get this molds. I purchase all my stuff , eight years ago. However I plan on ordering a tube and brush hog mold and I will be placing them with Lurecraft.

Maybe Del does molds for Lurecraft first, because they are a big, steady customer.

That's understandable.  He runs a business. 

So when I order from del I get put on the back burner? I pay full retail and up front. I am sure Lurecraft gets a discount. Every time I ordered it took at least four weeks to get a mold. That was a fast time some have been six months and I had to beg to get it.
  • Like 1

Good luck to those who wish to deal w/ Del Wilcox. I paid in full,in front 6 years ago for 3 different custom molds.They were promised within 3 months. I called and left messages via telephone and e-mail when nothing had been delivered after 80 days. Of course Mr. Wilcox couldn't be bothered to answer any replies.

I was a contractor for 30 years and know how to deal w/ these type of jerk-wads.I filled grievances w/ my credit card company since that was the method of payment. I received prompt payment for 2 of them and the 3rd. mold arrived. It did not shoot as promised so I returned the mold in new condition.Mr. Wilcox refunded 60% of the amount paid and said custom molds are not returnable.

Del has great products, I'm glad I can order them from lurecraft.  I have a close personal friend of mine that is a aluminum fabricator and welder. Best I've every seen, but He can't speak to anyone longer then 5 seconds. His Public relations and communications are bad. But his Boss just feed him work and leaves him alone. Maybe that what Del has, great products and just ruff consumer service. Get the mold from Lurecraft and let Del drill and press the molds.

So when I order from del I get put on the back burner? I pay full retail and up front. I am sure Lurecraft gets a discount. Every time I ordered it took at least four weeks to get a mold. That was a fast time some have been six months and I had to beg to get it.

I didn't say it was right.  But, from his perspective, maybe the steady business from Lurecraft is more important to his survival.

We live in hard economic times, and people are doing whatever they think they need to to survive.

It is not the choice I like to think I would have made, but I'm not in Del's shoes, so I can't say if it's right or wrong for him.

Evidently he keeps up with the orders from Lurecraft, so maybe people just need to accept that he's no longer "direct to the public", and go to Lurecraft for their standard molds, and to someone else for customs.

I didn't say it was right.  But, from his perspective, maybe the steady business from Lurecraft is more important to his survival.

We live in hard economic times, and people are doing whatever they think they need to to survive.

It is not the choice I like to think I would have made, but I'm not in Del's shoes, so I can't say if it's right or wrong for him.

Evidently he keeps up with the orders from Lurecraft, so maybe people just need to accept that he's no longer "direct to the public", and go to Lurecraft for their standard molds, and to someone else for customs.

Problem is Del was doing this long before Lurecraft started carrying his molds. He keeps up with Kim's orders because he understands that without her right now he wouldn't have much business. 

• Like 1

There is no excuse for Del's bad service! He's been screwing customers around for ten years (maybe more) and after two bad experiences and long delays with no apologies, I decided to order from LC. Other companies cut great aluminum molds and you get them in the time promised. Bears is one I really like and nice to talk to on the phone and I'd rather order molds from him rather than Del's molds from LC.

Do not do business with Del directly !

• Like 1