joelhains

Questions About Swivels

I have a few question for you guys who build spinnerbaits.

1) Do you prefer Worth or Sampo?

2) Where do you get your swivels?

3) How much do you spend on your swivels?

4) Do you buy with split rings or do you assemble them yourself?

The reason I ask is that I have found someone who will sell me Sampo swivels for a descent price but I have to purchase at least 1000 of them. I am wondering if there are enough people who would be interested in buying some assembled swivels to make it worth my while to assemble them and sell them. I Haven't come up with a set price yet but I'd like to keep it under $0.75 each. Any of interest?

I buy my swivels from Worth, never had a problem with their swivels. I never had Sampo because they were too expensive so I can't compare the two. I buy them with both split rings on each end. To me too much screwing around with putting on swivels, and the cost vs the time spent is not worth buying separate components.  $0.75 cents each is about right at 1000 count. I currently don't need swivels.

Edited by cadman

I have used both and I choose Worth over Sampo for a number of reasons. The first reason is performance, I seriously can't tell the difference in performance and performance is the main thing. The other reason is price, Worth lets me buy direct by the 1000 count but I'm able to save by buying their split rings and swivels separately and then put them together myself, Sampo offers no bulk pricing to home tackle makers.

• Like 1

Sampo at least on the crane swivels buys them from Rosco and charges 10 times more for them!  To order direct from Sampo I'd have to pay $162.68 + shipping for 1000 crane swivels #12.  Straight from Rosco $38 and change, this is for the exact same swivel.

Makes you wonder if they get all their swivels from Rosco??   I can give you a contact at Rosco if you want.   

Sampo at least on the crane swivels buys them from Rosco and charges 10 times more for them!  To order direct from Sampo I'd have to pay $162.68 + shipping for 1000 crane swivels #12.  Straight from Rosco $38 and change, this is for the exact same swivel.

Makes you wonder if they get all their swivels from Rosco??   I can give you a contact at Rosco if you want.   

The OP is talking specifically about ball bearing swivels for safety pin type bass spinnerbaits which is completely different pricing from the crane swivels. I buy mine direct from Worth and put them together myself and for 1000 swivels and 2000 split rings it cost me $347 dollars, Sampo would be almost $1000.

SJ - I understand that but if the swivels he's looking at are just a Rosco product sold by Sampo he might be able to get them cheaper from Rosco.  

I like the Worth swivels but I don't have tax id to purchase direct from them. I checked and I could if I bought big amounts but I don't buy in quantities like that.  

SJ - I understand that but if the swivels he's looking at are just a Rosco product sold by Sampo he might be able to get them cheaper from Rosco.  

I like the Worth swivels but I don't have tax id to purchase direct from them. I checked and I could if I bought big amounts but I don't buy in quantities like that.  

You can buy direct from Worth without the tax I.D. as I do, you just have to pay the 10% excise tax, they started doing that a few years back. I'm sorry if what I said sounded bad, believe me I didn't mean it too, what I meant was Rosco doesn't deal with ball bearing swivels at all, this was brought up a few years back and it caused confusion as everyone was thinking you could get Sampos at a big discount from there and yes, you can get a good deal on small crane swivels but not bass size or any size ball bearing swivel, a different ballgame. I use to use the Sampo until I discovered the Worth and if the performance wasn't the same I would have stayed paying for Sampo but Worth is the real deal when it comes to ball bearing swivels.