bribass

Spike It Colorant

Looking for some help and input with Spike it colorant 

Ive never used it so I would love to hear form people who have. 

How strong is it?  Is it pretty concentrated per drop? 

Obviously price plays a role in all our colorant options but some are much stronger than others. 

Also, how is the hard packing over time? Not too bad? 

Any overall experience with it and pros/cons would be very helpful! 

I tried to search first but didn't find much 

Thank you! 

Brian 

i have atleast 8 of there colorants.

kinda thick like the do-it x2 colorants. i put a s.s. nut in bottle to mix up good/ dont have any bad things about it. not as strong as do-its x2  it is a good colorant and mixes well

only had there colorants for 6 months an never had it hard pack

Spikeit colors are pretty much all I use. They are thick but not so thick you can't mix them pretty easy. Had some of them for more than a year and no bad settling. I buy pints or larger so getting them to mix back up is easy. The price is about the best out there. And if you need a color just call and they will have or will make one that works for you. They have heard of everything by now. I have some that I use a lot and everytime I reorder I get the same color. That is priceless to me.

• Like 1

i think i read somewhere.. that spike it colors can be added into even hot plastic to get a true color?

some makers suggest only adding into cold plastic..

let me no if i am wrong?

Only when you are using fluorescent colours. pretty much all fluorescent colours need to be added cold, all others can be added when you want. 

Yup.....if you add flo colors while it's hot with no problems........the pouring Gods MUST be on your side!! 

I was talking to Don the owner of spike it and he told me he could make it so it could be added to hot plastic. He did. To him it was not magic just the knowledge of how to do it.