JBlaze

Do-It Tail Spin Modification

Tried a new modification on the 1/2oz. cavity of my Do-IT Tail Spin Mold today. Good idea, bad idea, don't know. It just popped into my head and I had to try it.

Did not have to do any cutting with the Dremel Tool. All I did was make two wire forms and press them into the mold with the shop vise. One press for the titanium blade arm and one press for the line tie/hook arm/eye. I did not think to take a pic of line tie hook arm before molding but the line tie end looks exactly like the open hook end of the wire except that it was squeezed shut before being placed in the mold.

Go slowly with the pressing so as not to warp or break the mold. I started pressing on the hinged end and as as the wire was pressed in to the mold I gradually moved the vice a little at a time torward the handles. when I was finished, both faces of the mold were still fitting together with no gap. The line tie hook arm is .035 stainless and the blade arm is the .016 T-Wire.   

Good thing about this modification is that I can still use the mold for its original purpose of making tail spinners, will just have to do a little trimming where the line tie loop is.

John

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

1024141605.jpg

post-14659-0-47553900-1414196572_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, definitely not the king but when these things pop into my head, it just consumes me until I make an attempt at bringing it to reality. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. When I get one done/finished, I will post it in the gallery. will try to find time to do it tomorrow. Monday is fish day would like to take it to the lake. Hope someone out there can use this idea and make a few of these and lets us know if it catches or not.

John

Edited by JBlaze