shastaron

Jig Rig Or Jika Rig Build

Anybody out there building their own Jig Rig (Jika Rig)?  I have been fiddling with it and have found some hooks have to small of eyes for the split rig to easily move.  Any recommendations on hook choices in 3/0 or 4/0 size.

I have been trying Mustad 38104 and Gami 584.  I have tried different size split rings.  I add a small cross lock snap.  I just use drop shot finesse weights that I open the line pinch and that gives me a built in swivel.

Any ideas for hooks with a larger eye?

Thanks,

Ron

I too use drop shot finesse weights and round weights.  It really doesn't matter what size split ring you use but it does matter what guage split rings you use. You just have to get some smaller guage split rings.  The german split rings will fit almost any hook eye.  I use them all the way down to a .5 hook.

I let the size of the hook eye determine which split ring I use.  I actually like it when the double wire won't pass through the eye, so the split ring "opening" stays in the eye, and I don't have to worry about my line getting caught in it when I tie on.

I use a smaller split ring to attach the weight anyway, since there's no strain on it.

Mark, this has been a problem for over a year now.  It will let me log in if I hit the remember me button but if I do that it won't let me log off.  The only way I can log off is if I restart the computer.  Every now and again it will let me log on with out hitting the remember me button.  There is no one to email that will respond back to you.  I can't help but thinking that others with this problem have great info to share but can't.  I have not helped out many of times because I could not log on. Sorry for hijacking the thread but I had to get it out.

No it is not that.  I gave this site an exception with all my security and p.o.p. ups many years ago.  For instance, I had no problem signing in just now but I may not be able to sign if for days after this.  I have been told that I am not the only one with this problem.

Edited by bass100