jws45

Basstackle Aluminum Skirt Mold

Hey everyone... Looking to start making my own skirts and saw this mold over at basstackle (http://www.basstackle.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=904-1-1#)

What do people usually inject into this mold? I've heard plastisol that is used for soft plastics can make the strands stick together and may not be the best as far as durability. Is there some type of liquid silicone injection option?

Thanks! New to this....

Those are for soft plastic aka plastisol. completely different from silicone skirting. As far as making your own material, well it isn't going to happen in your home, the way silicone skirt material is made is by an extrusion process and then a slitting machine is what makes the cuts, these are high dollar pieces of equipment and you know that as there are only 4 places that manufacture the stuff.

Hey everyone... Looking to start making my own skirts and saw this mold over at basstackle (http://www.basstackle.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=904-1-1#)

What do people usually inject into this mold? I've heard plastisol that is used for soft plastics can make the strands stick together and may not be the best as far as durability. Is there some type of liquid silicone injection option?

Thanks! New to this....

Just buy the skirt tabs and collars and go to work.