joelhains

Adding Hardener?

I just bought another 5 gallons of plastic. Jacobs baits has a 5 gallon bucket for $99 but they are out of regular soft which is what I usually buy so I got Super Soft instead. Question is: how much hardener do you add to super soft to get the same firmness as Regular Soft? Also...I'm using MF plastic.

Thanks

Depends on how you plan on adding it in.  If you're planning on adding it to the entire 5 gallons it shouldn't be more than a few ounces at most, per cup I wouldn't expect anymore than a capful at a time.  Hardener stiffens up the plastic pretty quick so it doesn't take much at all.  I would definitely suggest experimenting with it first, you may even have luck calling them and asking what ratio you should use to get the softness you're looking for.  I personally use super soft for most of my plastics and they're still plenty durable for catching a handful of fish as long as they're not toothy!