Mojo

Problem with LC Red

I made some worms last weekend with some LC red and a couple drops of yellow to get the right shade. I left the finished worms out and the rest of the plastic in the measuring cup. When I checked on them this weekend here's what I found. You can see the color in the bottom of the cup that hasn't been exposed to air.

Has anyone had a problem with LC red fading when exposed to air for a week?

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

img_0003.jpg

1016_thumb.attach

I have had problems with lc red as well. When I make the red shad i get fading. Actually it turns into an oxblood color. But I think a problem can occur if this red is not shaken extremely well, where if there is any sedement You may have the problem. I go to strawberry and use less drops to make red. It works out fine and had no problems with any other color fading. Just the red. I am going to try others but this takes time.

Bearpaw

Thanks Z! Just what the doctor ordered.

I just ordered some colors from DelW, who it very reasonable and comparable to LC in price . At least I can count on the service and product integrity.

I'm glad I only live a few miles from BearPaw. He can try out most of the colors and show me the results. LOL I refuse to buy anymore of LC dye until I've seen it in plastic first hand.

John has also been very innovative when it comes to smoke and flake colors. It's interesting that Yammamoto just came out with new smoke- laminate colors four months after Bear Paw did.

Sam

Senkosam wrote:

It's interesting that Yammamoto just came out with new smoke- laminate colors four months after Bear Paw did.

In Yamamoto's defense, they make all of their new colors available to their 'Inside Line' customers sometimes as much as 1 year before the color is put into production. On some occasions, the color never even makes the production line.

I'm not saying who had the idea 1st, but when you have 1000's of people all doing the same thing (pouring plastic) people are bound to come up with the same ideas at about the same time. It just happens :?

Recently I was working on a set of colors, and while looking around found that Al's Worms had a color almost identical to what I was going to do. Heck, I let him know that I liked the color. :wink: Again, it just happens.

We tend to complain when we think someone else is duplicating one of our custom colors, or molding our baits and selling them as their own. But, it doesn't stop us from selling colors like oxblood and junebug, or duplicating baits like the Senko? Hand pours are a tight business, especially on the West Coast. Everyone that fishes wants to be in business. As long as you know where the products and colors came from, that's what matters.

Mere coincidence and of no significance. GY doesn't need to copy anything unless it becomes a standard shape or color that has been well publicized or requested by Yammie fans. John just happened to show me how cool light smoke colors looked when he showed me a few, in spring and I agree, coincidences happen all the time in fishing and in tackle crafting.

Sam